Set your Windows Phone as a WiFi hotspot could not be a difficult task. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to bind the data connection of the smartphone to any device with WiFi.
Do you want to share your Internet connection with your laptop or other devices? You can turn your Windows phone into a mobile hotspot by sharing your cellular data connection over Wi-Fi. The other Wi-Fi enabled devices can then use the shared data connection to connect to the Internet. Let’s start by saying about hotspot, also known as tethering. This is a function through which you can share the data connection of your Windows Phone with one or more devices via WiFi, Bluetooth or USB. All mobile operating systems provide the ability to activate the tethering and share the Internet connection.
This feature is appreciated by those who are often on the move with multiple devices and want to stay connected to the internet. This guide will help you configure your Lumia as WiFi hotspot.
Remember that, with the tethering, your data plan will suffer most, having to manage two connections. Always check your traffic through DataSense.
Here’s how to set up the hotspot:
1. Go to Settings from the menu.
2. In Settings, scroll down until you find the option Internet Sharing.
3. Activate sharing by pressing the dedicated button.
4. In the upper left symbol will appear that will show that sharing is active.
5. Scroll down, you find the option Password. Here you can read the default password or set a new one.
6. If you want to share your data connection over Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi, open the drop-down menu and select Share Over, and then tap Bluetooth. The process of sharing is same as that listed above.
The game is over! In doing so, the phone will become a WiFi hotspot / router creating a network to which you can connect freely or via WPA2 key.
As you can see, you can easily make your Windows as a wifi hotspot and then share your mobile data with your friends and family members. It does not matter what devices they are using, it can be an Android, iPhone or laptop.
NB: please note that if you are using your Lumia as WiFi hotspot, you can not use WiFi or VPN to surf.
If you have problems, let us know in the comments and we will solve your doubts. Thank you.