This tutorial will help you to perform a Factory or Hard reset Samsung Galaxy Note 4. This procedure is also compatible with all the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note variants.
If your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or any other smartphone will not respond or does not work expected way, you can perform a hard reset to restore to its original condition. The process is quite simple and fast. But keep in mind that this process will erase all the data you have stored on your smartphone. Therefore, you need to backup all your phone data before performing these steps. We explain here how to perform the hard reset Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Recommended: Backup your data to a Google account before resetting your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Or you can use backup apps such as Titanium Backup to create backup of your apps and important data.
Then we leave the procedures to do a Factory/Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy Note.
Hard Reset Samsung galaxy note 4 from setting menu.
1. Access the “Settings” menu and select the option “Backup & Restore”.
2. Now press “Factory Reset”.
3. Then select “Factory Reset”.
4. Now press Reset Device and erase all data.
5. Having done all this, your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will begin the process automatically that will end up as newly out of the box.
Hard Reset Samsung galaxy note 4 using button combinations.
1. Make sure that your device is fully charged.
2. Simultaneously press the Volume + Home + Power button.
3. When the device vibrates, release the Power and Home buttons but continue to press and hold the Volume Up button.
4. This will launch the recovery process. Now release the Volume “+” button.
5. Press the Volume down button to select the option ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
6. Press Power button.
7.Navigate to Yes — delete all user data by pressing the volume “–“.
8. Press the Power.
9. Now the phone will erase all content.
10. When the reset is complete, you device will highlight the option ‘Reboot system now’.
11. Press the Power key.
12. The phone will now reboot and display the initial screen.
You see, it is not rocket science. Now you can continue using your smartphone with ease or give it to a unknown person without hesitation.
We hope that the steps above were simple and easy to follow. If this tutorial was helpful please share it with your social friends through the share buttons below.
Also read: How to Unlock Android Pattern Lock or Password.