We’ll show you how to make a hard reset Lumia 950 and its variant Lumia 950 XL through a simple and easy to follow guide.
You have downloaded lots of applications, and so you have clogged your smartphone, with the installation of the last application on your smartphone, started running so slow that it seemed like a snail.
Do not worry, there is a quick and simple solution to solve this problem. You can do it by performing a factory reset Lumia 950 XL or 950. With a hard reset, your Microsoft Lumia 950 or 950 XL will act like a new smartphone as when you bought it.
Then sit down with your 950 or 950 XL, and see how to make Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL hard reset or restore to factory mode.
Note: Hard Reset will erase all personal data on your phone. Don’t forget to make a backup of all of your important data before performing the factory reset Lumia 950 XL or 950.
Before starting the discussion, we want to warn you that we are not responsible for any damage caused by the instructions on this page. Try this guide at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that the device can be damaged if you follow all the instructions that were mentioned in the procedure.
Also read: The best cases for Lumia 950.
For your Windows Phone, there are two methods, the first by using the settings option of your operating system, the second by using the physical buttons on your smartphone. The first method is recommended for all. It is quick and easy. And the second option is recommended for those who can not access the settings of their device.
Restore Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL to factory mode
First method: Hard Reset Lumia 950 XL using Settings
1. Verify that you have the battery charged.
2. Then go to the main menu, find and select the settings of your Windows Phone.
3. In the next step tap About.
4. Then tap Reset phone to confirm.
5. You did! Once the process is complete, the device will ask their initial settings, that means you’ve successfully completed. The device is ready for use.
Second method: Lumia 950 XL hard reset using hardware buttons
If your Microsoft Lumia 950 XL or Lumia 950 is not responding and you can not access the settings of your phone, do not worry! You can do a factory reset your Windows Phone even without access to the menu just following our instructions in this second method:
1. Check that you have fully charged the battery of your Lumia.
2. Start by turning off the device using the power button.
3. Then press and hold the volume down and power button for a few seconds.
4. Release both buttons as soon as exclamation mark appears on the screen.
5. Then press the following keys: Volume Up -> Down Volume -> Power -> Volume down.
6. The process will begin and you just have to wait for the end. Do not move any other buttons.
It is highly recommended to have the phone connected to the charger because the whole processes may take a while to complete the process and running out of power at that time can be a serious problem.
It is recalled that all personal information will be lost: emails, downloaded applications, SMS text messages, photographs, documents, contacts, etc. Therefore, it is always advisable to make a backup of all your important files and programs before resetting your Windows Phone.
If this was useful, please share to help others and follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Thank you.