In this article, we’ll show you how to perform a hard reset iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, also called reset to factory mode, in three ways.
There are many reasons that make you have to hard reset iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus. Your beautiful iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus goes slow, does not sail more quickly in the network, when you open an application, it seems you think you’re opening a door made with heavy wood. This happens when you download many applications, filling the operating system of your device with many dirt files and occupying much RAM. One of the options to solve it is doing formatting your iPhone and restore it to factory mode.
Formatting iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus is also the best option if you’re going to sell your smartphone since it will delete all your files, music, videos, pictures and applications.
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus Hard Reset without iTunes
With an option to reset integrated on iOS, it makes possible to reset the iPhone without iTunes, and also do not need to establish a connection between iPhone and computer. Before making the recovery process, it is wise of you to back up your contacts and other important data in case of data loss.
Let’s see how to hard reset iPhone 6S Plus without the help of iTunes:
• Go to the Home screen of your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus.
• Then open the Settings.
• Go ahead and tap General.
• In the menu, select Restore and select the option “Erase All Content and Settings.”
• Now you should see a notice that asks you to confirm the action of resetting your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus.
• Enter your access code, and confirm. Of course, If there is no access code in your iPhone, You won ‘t see this window come up to you.
• Accept all the information, and expects the transaction terms.
• You are done. Wait a moment, then all content will be automatically deleted and all settings of the iPhone will be set by default.
• After all these works were done, you can restart your iPhone, and reset it by following the instructions as the first time, if necessary. Now, you can use your iPhone normally.
Reset/format iPhone 6S and 6S Plus with the help of iTunes:
This method will take a long time to solve the problem, so it is used only in a situation where all of the functions do not work and other methods are unable to reset the iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus. If you choose to hard reset iPhone to factory settings with the help of iTunes, Apple will check the server to see if the operating system is the latest version of iOS or not. And then you download the latest version and then do recovery for you iPhone.
• First, you must make sure that your personal computer is running the latest version of iTunes.
• Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
• Then select your iPhone from the left menu in iTunes.
• Press the Restore button in iTunes. Now you can backup your files if desired.
• Then press Reset to confirm the information and start this procedure.
• Now your iTunes download prepares and restores the operating system on your iPhone.
• To reset the device as new choose “Set as the new iPhone.”
• Enter a name for your phone.
• Good job!
The third method to factory reset iPhone
• You should Plug your iPhone into your PC, or laptop.
• Turn off the phone.
• Press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds.
• Next press and hold the Home button together with the power button for about 10 seconds.
• Now quickly release only the power button.
• When iTunes alerts you by telling you it has detected a device in recovery mode, release the Home button.
• Accept all alerts and wait for the end of operations.
We hope you find this tutorial helpful and help you solve those problems that you have with the powerful iPhone 6S or its big brother iPhone 6S Plus. If this was useful, please share to help others and follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Thank you.